Main Article Content
Introduction. The article analyzes the activities of the Uman County Committee of the Special Meeting on the needs of the
agricultural industry. It is stated that the local committees have generally done a titanic job, providing the Special Meeting with
mostly objective information about the problems in agriculture. Their work was fi nished in 1903 with the publication in the
same year of 58 volumes of «Proceedings of Local Committees». The papers played a prominent role in the work of the Special
Meeting. On the one hand, they allowed to form a holistic view of the state of agriculture in different regions of the Russian
Empire. On the other hand, they were a kind of evidence base during the discussion of issues and the adoption of appropriate
decisions during the meetings of the Special Meeting.
Purpose. Сlarifi cation of regional features in the activities of local committees of the Special Meeting on the needs of the
agricultural industry and their contribution to the development of the foundations of the new agricultural policy in the early
twentieth century. on the materials of the Uman County Committee.
Results. It is noted that the Uman County Committee considered a number of issues related to the improvement of
agriculture in the region. Among them are the state of public education, veterinary care, the development of distilling, the need
to combat ravines, agricultural pests, pollution of water bodies by sugar factories.The members of the committee also paid
attention to the need for meteorological observations and the establishment of meteorological stations, the establishment of
agricultural societies. According to the members of the committee, fi res, impassability, etc. were a signifi cant problem for Uman
County. Issues related to lending to small farmers played a signifi cant role in the work of the committee.
The views of the Uman County Committee on the existence of the community are analyzed and it is noted that the members
of the Uman County Committee analyzed in detail the negative consequences of the existence of communal land tenure in the
region. While fully sharing the views of the peasants, the members of the committee agreed that only with the liquidation of the
community could improve the situation of the peasants. The members of the committee preferred the development of the farm
in the region.
Conclusion. That the need to reorganize agricultural policy was perceived in its own way by the members of the committee,
however, they noted that in order to overcome the crisis of agriculture, fi rst of all it is necessary to eliminate cultural, legal,
fi nancial and economic problems.
Authors published in this journal agree to the following terms.
1. The authors reserve the right to be an author of their work and grant the journal the right to first publish the work under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC-BY 4.0), which allows others to freely distribute the published work with a mandatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
2. Authors have the right to make separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal (for example, to post in an electronic repository of the institution or to publish in a monograph) maintaining the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal.
3. The journal policy allows and encourages the submission of manuscripts by the authors on the Internet (for example, in repositories of institutions or on personal websites) both before the submission to the editor and during its editorial revision since it promotes productive scientific discussion and has a positive impact on the promptness and dynamics of citing the published work.
AGREEMENTABOUT TRANSMISSION OF COPYRIGHT
I, the author of the article / We, the authors of the manuscript __________________________________________________________________
in case of its acceptance for publication, we transfer the following rights to the founders and editorial boards of the scientific journal “Ukrainian Peasant”:
1. Publication of this article in Ukrainian (English, Russian, Polish, Belarusian) and distribution of its printed version.
2. Distribution of the electronic version of the article through any electronic means (placing on the official journal web site, in electronic databases, repositories, etc.). At the same time, we reserve the right without consent of the editorial board and the founders:
1. To use article materials in full or in part for educational purposes.
2. To use article materials in full or in part for writing our own dissertations.
3. To use article materials to prepare abstracts, conference reports, and oral presentations.
4. To post electronic copies of the article (including the final electronic version downloaded from the journal’s official website) to:
a. personal web-resources of all authors (web sites, web pages, blogs, etc.);
b. web-resources of the institutions where the authors work (including electronic institutional repositories);
с. non-profit open-access web-resources (such as arXiv.org).
With this agreement, we also certify that the submitted manuscript meets the following criteria:
1. Does not contain calls for violence, inciting racial or ethnic enmity, which are disturbing, threatening, shameful, libelous, cruel, obscene, vulgar, etc.
2. Does not infringe on the copyrights and intellectual property rights of others or organizations; contains all the references to the cited authors and / or publications envisaged by applicable copyright law, as well as the results and facts used in the article by other authors or organizations.
3. It has not been previously published in other publishers and has not been published in other editions.
4. Does not include material that is not subject to publication in the open press, in accordance with current law.
signature Author’s name
Vsepoddanneyshiy otchet po Osobomu soveshchaniyu o nuzhdakh selskokhozyaystvennoy promyshlennosti 1902–1904
gg. [The most compassionate report on the Special meeting on the needs of the agricultural industry in 1902-1904.]. S-Pb., 1904 [in
Bilimovich, A.D. (1904). Krestyanskiy pravoporyadok po trudam mestnykh komitetov o nuzhdakh selskokhozyaystvennoy
promyshlennosti [Peasant law and order according to the works of local committees on the needs of the agricultural industry]. K.: Tip.
Imperatorskogo universiteta im. Sv. Vladimira [in Russian].
Rittikh, A.A. (1903). Zavisimost krestyan ot obshchiny i mira [Peasants’ dependence on the community and the world]. SPb.
: Tip. V.F.Kirshbauma [in Russian].
Shidlovskiy, S.I. (1905). Obshchiy obzor trudov mestnykh komitetov [General overview of the proceedings of local
committees]. SPb [in Russian].
Sidelnikov, S.M. (1980). Agrarnaya politika samoderzhaviya v period imperializma [Agrarian policy of autocracy in the
period of imperialism]. M. : Izd-vo Moskovskogo un-ta. [in Russian].
Simonova, M.S. (1987). Krizis agrarnoy politiki tsarizma nakanune pervoy rossiyskoy revolyutsii [The crisis of the tsarist
agrarian policy on the eve of the fi rst Russian revolution]. M. : Nauka [in Russian].
Herasymchuk, O.V. (2009). Dyskusii v Chernihivskykh mistsevykh komitetakh shchodo vplyvu obshchynnoho
zemlevolodinnia na stanovyshche silskoho hospodarstva [Discussions in Chernihiv local committees on the impact of communal land
tenure on the state of agriculture]. Sumska starovyna. № KhVIII–KhKhIKh. 28–42. [in Ukrainian].
Sviashchenko, Z.V. (2014). Stvorennia ta pryntsypy diialnosti mistsevykh komitetiv Osoblyvoi narady z pytan
silskohospodarskoi promyslovosti [Establishment and principles of activity of local committees of the Special Meeting on Agricultural
Industry]. Slovianskyi visnyk: zbirnyk naukovykh prats. Seriia «Istorychni ta politychni nauky». Vypusk 19. Rivne. 64–67. [in
Ditrikh, I.I. (2006). Uchastie pskovskikh zemtsev v rabote mestnykh komitetov o nuzhdakh selskokhozyaystvennoy
promyshlennosti [Participation of the Pskov zemstvo workers in the work of local committees on the needs of the agricultural
industry]. Pskov. № 24. 116–119. Retrieved from: cyberleninka.ru/article/n/uchastie-pskovskih-zemtsev-v-rabote-mestnyh-komitetovo-nuzhdah-selskohozyaystvennoy-promyshlennosti [in Russian].
Liburkin, V.M. (1988). Deyatelnost mestnykh komitetov Osobogo soveshchaniya o nuzhdakh selskokhozyaystvennoy
promyshlennosti i ikh vliyanie na razvitie obshchestvenno-politicheskoy zhizni Sibiri nachala XX v. [The activities of local committees
of the Special meeting on the needs of the agricultural industry and their impact on the development of social and political life in
Siberia at the beginning of the 20th century]: Candidate’s thesis. M. [in Russian].
Lebedev, V. (2001). Mestnye komitety Osobogo soveshchaniya o nuzhdakh selskokhozyaystvennoy promyshlennosti (1902
– 1904gg.) [Local Committees of the Special Meeting on the Needs of the Agricultural Industry (1902–1904)]. Otechestvennaya
istoriya. № 5. 58–69. [in Russian].
Shcherbakova, I.K. (2003). Osoboe Soveshchanie o nuzhdakh selskokhozyaystvennoy promyshlennosti i Redaktsionnaya
komissiya Ministerstva vnutrennikh del kak alternativnye tsentry obsuzhdeniya krestyanskogo voprosa v nachale KhKh veka (1902 –
gg.) [The Special Meeting on the needs of the agricultural industry and the Drafting Committee of the Ministry of the Interior as
alternative centers for discussing the peasant issue in the early twentieth century (1902 – 1905)]. Candidate’s thesis. M. [in Russian].
RDIA. F. 1233. Osoboe soveshchanie o nuzhdakh selskokhozyaystvennoy promyshlennosti pri Gosudarstvennom Sovete
[Special Meeting on the Needs of the Agricultural Industry under the Council of State]. Op. 1. Spr. 9. Stenogrammy zasedaniy Osobogo
soveshchaniya o nuzhdakh selskokhozyaystvennoy promyshlennosti. t. 1. 02.02.1902. 24.02.1902. 396 ark. [in Russian].
Trudy mestnykh komitetov o nuzhdakh selskokhozyaystvennoy promyshlennosti [Proceedings of local committees on the
needs of the agricultural industry]. T. KhV. Kievskaya guberniya. S-Pb, 1903 [in Russian].
Protokol № 26 [Protocol № 26]. Protokoly zasedaniy Osobogo soveshchaniya po nuzhdam selskokhozyaystvennoy
promyshlennosti. S-Pb., 1905 [in Russian].